Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Free this week: Maddy's Tiny Dress

It's a dull, snowy winter morning here in Eastern Ontario---and on top of that it's Monday.  To counter-balance the fifty shades of grey outdoors, I wanted to feature this sweet little sweater pattern by JaneTerrzaDeisgns, Maddy's Tiny Dress.  Its cheerful colours and overall baby cuteness almost override my general feeling of January blah. Almost.  :-) 


This infant/toddler pullover is a unique little project.  It's designed to be knit flat, in one piece, to allow for minimal seaming.  The triangles are constructed using short-rows, and if you've never attempted these before the designer says not to worry---just follow the pattern row by row. 

Short rows are a great technique to add to your knitting toolbox---they allow for shaping and other interesting design features.  I know after I figured them out, I wondered how I'd gotten along for so long without them!

As a bonus, the Maddy's Tiny Dress pattern is free this week only (January 27th to February 3rd, 2013).  You can find it on Ravelry.  It's sure to brighten your week!  

      
-Hilary

No comments: