Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

One of Those Days (Weeks?)

That's been the kind of week it's seemed like around here for me.  I'm sure each of you have had them too.  No one thing is going completely wrong, but it seems that 50 different smaller issues are about to implode, or at least that's how it seems to me.  

At home we're getting ready to move, so there are boxes to be packed and so many things to be organized, purged, stored, and cleaned.  Plans for the place to which we're moving keep changing here and there too, and it's starting to make my enthusiasm wane.  I know when moving day comes and once we're settled it will all make sense I'm sure, but in the mean time my mind does a little inward gasp each time I start thinking too much about everything that has to get done. 

Then at work things are messy too -- I work for a non-profit and there are crazy things happening here at the administrative level that leave a lot of questions from the staff (me included) unanswered.  Most of us are confused and more than a little nervous about how things will all shake out over the next months and weeks.  

All these goings on make me want to hide my head under the covers a little bit.  Can't I just come out when it's over?  But then I stop and remind myself of the little pockets of joy around me too:

     -my 3 girls and the time I get to spend with them
     -my supportive and loving partner Patrick and his ability to listen to and encourage me tirelessly
     -the beautiful weather that we are finally getting 
     -flowers everywhere now that spring is here
     -the fun of this blog to write and share stuff
     -lots of knitting for me to do
     
There's lots more I'm not even thinking of, I know, but that's enough to help me stay afloat for now.  

Oh and also there are yummy things like this Grilled Peanut Butter, Nutella and Banana Sandwich from ohsweetbasil.com:  


  
If this doesn't coax me out of a sour mood, I don't know what will.  

                                                                                          -- Hilary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

P.s. I made myself this grilled PBN&B sandwich when I got home from work yesterday and it was one of the most delicious things I ever tasted. Sometimes the simplest things are the tastiest.